The post-ride portion of the Yoga Ride focuses on two types of poses:
- Poses that are in opposition to the forward fold position during the ride
- Poses that are down-regulating
These poses help to lengthen and strengthen the muscles in the front of the body as well as the hamstrings. These muscles can tend to shorten with repeated cycling if you don't engage in some exercises (in this case yoga).
- Mountain Pose
- Prone Mountain - with baby cobra or extended cobra
- Vinyasa Flow Sun Salutation A (mixes the Up and Down Dog)
- Cat-Cow (with a spine bag - if available)
Down regulation will help with recovery and rest. Cycling and caffeine are very up regulating, so we'll end with these poses (with some variations) to down regulate the body.
- Legs up the wall
- Warrior I
- Psoas wake-up (it's good at the beginning and the end of a ride)
- Seated twists