The Pre-Ride exercises are made up of Pre-Yoga poses taken from Alignment Yoga's Beginning Syllabus.
- Tadasana (Mountain pose) - as the grounding and check-in posture
- Dead Bug series - to exercise not just the right and left side of the body, but also the right and left side of the brain
- Psoas Wake-up - to develop this under utilized muscle
- Uddiyana Bandha Wake-up - for core strength
- Sumo - flexion of the ankles, knees and hips as well as the pelvic floor.
If the next post I'll discuss how the bike ride portion of Yoga Ride will focus on breathing, shoulder alignment and the ride break.